The latest market news, commentary and strategy by Adrian Rowney
5 Things that Grabbed my Attention
1. Japan's NTT has announced a massive investment in AI....Like it or not - AI is coming in a big way and the giant corporates - joined at the hip with government - are going to be in control (that is until the AI works out they should be in charge!)....There are going to be implications for every industry on earth, so from here on in I plan on paying very close attention....My head is already spinning!!!
2. Funeral parlor operator Invocare (IVC) has accepted the new sweetened takeover bid of $13 per share from US Private equity mob TPG....So why are TPG wanting to pay top dollar? - I promise you that they know what these mRNA vaccines are doing (watch video). Always remember - only by following the money will you discover the truth about the science; TPG are going to make a fortune off IVC....Shareholders of IVC should take profits and SWITCH to Propel Funeral Parlors (PFP).
300,000 Excess Deaths from the Jab 'And We Think We're Low' - Ed Dowd— The Vigilant Fox 🦊 (@VigilantFox) May 10, 2023
"I would love to see excess mortality start to trend back towards normal. Unfortunately, it's not," lamented Blackrock portfolio manager @DowdEdward.
"In the group that I follow – which is undeniable – Group… pic.twitter.com/JZJhPuKJ3D
3. Newcrest (NCM) board has accepted the takeover offer from Newmont.
4. Fruit grower/wholesaler, Costa Group (CGC) shares have been tracking sideways of late....Has the market forgotten that private equity mob Pain Schwartz (specialist in food chain investing) has recently picked up around 15% of the company? CGC is a JUICY takeover target - BUY last sale $2.49... the stock was trading @ $8 in 2018!
5. Total household debt in the US just hit $17 trillion for the first time....within that number auto loans are now $1.5 trillion, student loans make up $1.6 trillion.
ASX Market Update
ASX 200 up 10 points to 7267
Big news was the board of Newcrest (NCM) has unanimously agreed to accept the takeover bid from Newmont....NCM shareholders will receive 0.4 Newmont shares for every one NCM held plus a fully franked dividend of US$1.10 per share. The deal currently works out at around $29.27 (it will obviously fluctuate with the share price of NEM).
I am OK with the deal as the combined entity is going to be pretty much an unbreakable powerhouse in the GOLD mining sector. NEM shares are way off their highs at the moment, so I expected quite a bit of upside in the combined entity when GOLD prices stage the next leg up.... Newmont shares will be listed on the ASX as well, so your NCM will just roll over which will happen around September or October. NCM remains a BUY as I think NEM looks undervalued.
Does anyone know what 10 times ZERO equals?
The UK's largest oil producer, Harbour Energy, says the [windfall] tax saw its profits drop from £2.1 billion to £7 million last year.— John Dodders (@dodders75) May 13, 2023
As a result, it is cutting jobs, axing UK projects & looking to invest outside the UK.
We are run by idiots.https://t.co/0Kj4ADR6Op
The Day Ahead
- Our SPI is up 2 points.
- Bitcoin up 1.8% to $27,240
Movements affecting our resource stocks today (USD)
- BHP in the US up 2.01%
- Newmont up 2.5%
- Gold FLAT @ 2020
- Paper Silver up 0.44% to 3.74
- Platinum up 0.28% to $1070
- Copper up 0.42% to $3.74
- Brent Crude up 1.73% to $75.45
Asian Market Update
The race is on...to get rid of the human race that is!
Japan's NTT will invest around $60bn over the next five years in AI, data centers and other growth areas.https://t.co/YDVbbZuF7L
— Nikkei Asia (@NikkeiAsia) May 15, 2023
Just check out some of this shit...Many people are geeking out over these innovations - but all I see is the beginning of a horror/scifi movie.
1. JIZAI ARMS Turn Humans Into Cyborgs
A Japanese robotics company designed a system of six spider-like robotic limbs that the user can fully control,
Essentially, turning humans into cyborgs. pic.twitter.com/8y4if4eirS
— Rowan Cheung (@rowancheung) May 15, 2023
Imagine you kid coming home one day and saying...'Hi Dad I have just transitioned to a CYBORG, now if someone commits the heinous crime of not calling me by my preferred pronouns I can just rip their head off. Cool huh!'.
Global Market Update
DOW up 47 points to 33,348
The US Treasury Secretary has warned of financial chaos if congress does not increase the debt ceiling, but markets are not worried at all over the issue. The US is down to its last $88bn.
Germans FLAT, Brits added 0.3% and Frenchies FLAT
I am very disappointed that GRETA has not got out her abacus to count the C02 emissions from this....
— Russian Market (@runews) May 13, 2023