The latest market news, commentary and strategy by Adrian Rowney
5 Things that Grabbed my Attention
1.The Bank of Japan (BOJ) has digitally printed $150bn over the past few weeks to support its bond market....going to end in tears.
2. Thanks to weaker OIL prices we are seeing a pullback in inflation in many parts of the world...but just like in the 70's, inflation will go in waves - so don't be fooled into believing things will revert back to normal and stay there, because its WON'T.....I predict an era of STAGFLATION.
3. Elon Musk tweeted the “S” in ESG stands for SATANIC….By that logic - I wonder if the 28,000 Christians that just moved their Super to Australian Ethical (heavy promoter of ESG investing) actually understand they may have signed their money over to the DEVIL?!?.....As I have highlighted from the start: ESG is PURE EVIL.
4. Violence in PERU continues...Glencore was forced to shut its giant Antapaccay copper mine and evacuate its workers after cars were burnt and dongers were hit...GOT COPPER?
5. YanCoal (YAL) is going to announce a whopping dividend when it reports next month. Could be over $1.50 per share! BUY last sale $6.28
ASX Market Update
ASX 200 up 60 points to 7388
Super Retail (SUL) rallied 7.6% after posting a very impressive trading update. I am surprised at how strong retail sales have been considering we are being hit with rising interest rates and negative real wages....Anyway - Aussies have been going nuts in shops; question is - how long will the party last? Buying SUL close to a record high is not something I am recommending.
This is HUGE...the squeeze must be getting close!
What I find remarkable is just how few people are aware of the SILVER shortage. This very important nugget of information has only 5,408 views.....RISK/REWARD on SILVER is SENSATIONAL - this setup has been in the making for 40 years; we won't get another one like it.
The Day Ahead
- Our SPI is down 18 points
- Bitcoin up 0.5% to $21,061
Movements affecting our resource stocks today (USD)
- BHP in the US - SHUT
- Gold down 0.18% to $19.18
- Paper Silver up 0.32% to $24.45
- Copper down 1.8% to $4.14
- Brent Crude down 1.2% to $84.24
- $A buys 69.52 US cents
Asian Market Update
China up 1.5%, Hong Kong FLAT and Japan dipped 1.14%
While SILVER and PLATINUM offer the BEST RISK/REWARD....10 year Japanese government bonds (JGBs) @ a yield of 0.5% offers the WORST RISK/REWARD. Check out how precarious the Japan's financial situation is;
Global Market Update
NYSE is SHUT for MLK Jr day.
Wonder what Marty would think of this statue that has just been made in his honor in Boston?.....What is that!??!!
FTSE up 0.2%, DAX up 0.31% and CAC put on 0.28%
The World Economic Forum (WEF) in the Swiss ski town of DAVOS is kicking off....This year the ELITES that run the world, need an army of 5000 men to guard over them.
Key Market Summary