The latest market news, commentary and strategy by Adrian Rowney
5 Things that Grabbed my Attention
1. Indonesia is banning bauxite exports from June this year (bauxite gets refined into alumina).....I see this as a bullish development for Alumina (AWC) BUY last sale $1.67
2. CEO of state owned South African energy provider Eskom quit and was subsequently poisoned after drinking a cup of coffee laced with cyanide - wild story....SA energy grid is a total basket case which will lead to falling PLATINUM supply at a time when there is bugger all inventory available. BUY PLATINUM PHYSICAL ETF.
3. The Mike Cannon-Brookes backed Sun Cable solar project has gone belly up....Reminder: GREEN = SCAM = AVOID
4. HSBC resigned its membership of the London Metals Exchange (LME)....exiting the crime scene?
5. The SHORTS have gotten well and truly thumped on our GOLD stocks. The XGD (gold miners index) has rallied 54% since late September: Giddy up!!!
ASX Market Update
ASX 200 up 47 points to 7328
We saw another solid session on our market thanks to the positive lead out of Wall Street and higher commodity prices....With inflation pulling back a little in the US, the market is now pricing in just a 0.25% rise in interest rates at the next FEDERAL RESERVE meeting.
Santos (STO) put on 2.3%, Domino's (DMP) rallied 4.4% and Boral (BLD) added 2.83%
I saw this tweet and thought...WOW!!! very very impressive indeed - I wonder whose coal, silicon, alumina etc...they are using to make these solar panels.
As I researched into the company, I quickly found they are not manufacturing the panels from scratch in Australia but rather are buying the components from CHINA and just assembling it here.....Chris Bowen is a con artist and the "Australian Made" kangaroo tag on the box is total BS.
The 'Climate Cultists' have a free pass to push propaganda.
The Day Ahead
- Our SPI is up 36 points
- Bitcoin up 4.6% to $19,836 (Saturday morning price)
Movements affecting our resource stocks today (USD)
- BHP in the US up 0.43%
- Gold up 1.27% to $1923
- Paper Silver up 1.7% to $24.41
- Copper up 0.5% to $4.21
- Brent Crude up 1.6% to $85.43
- $A buys 69.75 US cents
Asian Market Update
China up 1%, Hong Kong added 1.04% and Japan fell 1.25%
Xi Man is giving the Chinese property sector a decent liquidity pump - hence the rally in iron ore.
Global Market Update
DOW up 112 points to 34,302
Elon has slashed the price of his cars; demand must be sinking.... Tesla shares closed 1% lower and have fallen 60% since October last year.
FTSE up 0.64%, DAX added 0.19% and CAC put on 0.69%
This is going to happen across the Western world....AVOID BANKS
Key Market Summary