The latest market news, commentary and strategy by Adrian Rowney
5 Things that Grabbed my Attention
1. US embassy in South Africa is warning its citizens to stock up on food, water and medicine as the country could be staring down a total electricity grid collapse….Got PLATINUM??? Got enough??.... We all need to make more room in our portfolios for this scarce precious metal.
2. China'seconomic growth came in at 4.5% Vs 4% expected.
3. In a crazy move, Germany has just shutdown it’s last 3 remaining nuclear power plants. At the same time a major German utility announced a 45% increase in power prices starting June 1....Oh and Germany will be importing electricity from French Nuclear reactors - you couldn't make it up!!.....I maintain my BUY on the URANIUM ETF as mega URANIUM shortages are just over the horizon (despite these closures).
4. AGL is shutting Liddell coal fired power station today. It will then be bulldozed early next year…..WOKE stupidity is on full display in the WEST. (I rate AGL as an AVOID)
5. Warren Buffethas dumped his large holding in TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company)….He obviously doesn’t want to stick around due to political risk.
ASX Market Update
ASX 200 down 21 points to 7360
I was a bit surprised our market finished in the RED after Chinese economic growth data that was released around lunch time came in at 4.5% - well above expectations of 4%.
Woodside (WDS) fell 2.39% and Santos (STO) dipped 1.91% as Jim Chalmers looks set to hike tax rates on the oil and gas sector as he has to find money to keep this big spending, criminal government afloat....In the short term we are in a tricky phase with these energy plays - on one hand they could sag with this fresh taxation risk, while on the other I could see certain world events causing OIL prices to spike....To play it safe - maybe take some profit off the top of WDS and put it into the unbelievably CHEAP, physical PLATINUM ETF.
This is absolutely ridiculous....With a mega shortage of URANIUM set to hit the global market over the next few years, Russia is going to have no problem whatsoever in selling it's URANIUM....Perhaps India can get another side hustle going (same as OIL) by loading up on RUSSIA URANIUM and then on selling any surplus to the WESTERN CLOWNS at a significant premium. Would be money for jam!
The Day Ahead
- Our SPI is up 4 points
- Bitcoin up 2.7% to $30,271
Movements affecting our resource stocks today (USD)
- BHP in the US up 1.95%
- Gold up 0.52% to $2017
- Paper Silver up 0.79% to $25.28
- Platinum up 3% to $1093
- Copper up 0.58% to $4.08
- Brent Crude FLAT @ $84.79
- Iron ore up 0.7% to $117.15
Asian Market Update
Japan up 0.51%, China put on 0.23% and Hong Kong fell 0.63%
LITHIUM stocks are a BUY...
And Asians are going to need plenty of THERMAL COAL to charge these suckers up....So yeah...BUY COAL stocks as well!!
Global Market Update
DOW closed 10 points lower to 33,976
Quarterly earnings season is in full swing on Wall Street....Bank of America BEAT expectations while Goldmans MISSED.
Germans up 0.59%, Brits added 0.38% and Frenchies put on 0.47%
I still can't believe the GERMANS are now out of the clean energy business by completely shutting off its NUCLEAR power..
And just look at this disgusting propaganda below as our criminal premier hosts this environmental bandit from Germany, knowing full well what they have just done....."His Excellency" are you frickin' kidding me??? Who do these people think they are:
Germany is a world leader in renewable energy - and that’s what I want Queensland to be too.
We can learn a lot from German companies and universities as we develop our hydrogen and biofutures industries.
That’s why I met Ambassador His Excellency Dr Markus Ederer today. pic.twitter.com/6AbvW3EG1e
— Annastacia Palaszczuk (@AnnastaciaMP) April 18, 2023
Germany is a case study in what NOT TO DO.....I'm going to go and throw up now...enjoy your day!!
Key Market Summary