The latest market news, commentary and strategy by Adrian Rowney
5 Things that Grabbed my Attention
1. AFR reported over the weekend that Solomon Lew's Premier Investments (PMV) which owns such outlets as Smiggle, Just Jeans and Peter Alexander are about to report some very weak sales for MAY. The AFR has a "source close to the preparation" of the figures - are you kidding???? They now openly admit to having an insider and no one dares bat an eyelid....AFR is owned by Nine Entertainment (NEC) which is chaired by Peter Costello who also chairs the FUTURE FUND - only whacky conspiracy theorists like me would see a problem with that link!....AVOID PMV and AVOID NEC.
2. AGL is about to increase electricity tariff prices for NSW households by up to 51%....Remember when the establishment had people believing renewables were going to lower power bills?...All they do is lie.
3. Here is your "SAFE & EFFECTIVE".....AVOID Pfizer & Moderna shares - makes me sick to the stomach how many billionaires got minted off the jabs for a virus with a 99.8% survival rate.....Scam of the century....Read this:
June 14, 2023— Robert W Malone, MD (@RWMaloneMD) June 15, 2023
Horowitz: Confidential Pfizer document shows the company observed 1.6 million adverse events covering nearly every organ systemhttps://t.co/Ty6zwCe6J3
4. US National debt just hit $32 TRILLION - a jump of $572bn since the debt ceiling was lifted the other week....Debt levels will only go up and will never get paid back - ever.
5. The Dutch government is shutting down the largest gas field in Europe by the 1st of October.....who needs those pesky hydrocarbons anyway!
ASX Market Update
ASX 200 up 75 points to 7251
We had a strong session on our market with most sectors finishing in the GREEN - a positive lead from Wall Street gave sentiment a boost......COAL stocks were among the most sought after: WHC put on 8.27%, SMR rallied 7.1% and NHC added 3.5% - Let's GO!!!
Got URANIUM??...Huge start to the year.
In the first 4 mths of 2023, 88M lbs of #uranium contracting has already surpassed the previous 10 yr avg of 77M lbs, booked over a full year.— HoldCo. Markets (@HoldcoMarkets) June 14, 2023
Annualizing the first 4 mths of 2023, a contracting amount of 265M lbs would represent the highest contracting figure in two decades+ pic.twitter.com/xj5CLU811O
The Day Ahead
- Our SPI is down 3 points
- Bitcoin up 0.5% to $26,478 (Sunday morning price)
Movements affecting our resource stocks today (USD)
- BHP in the US down 1.2%
- Newmont up 2.65%
- Gold FLAT @ $1970
- Paper Silver up 1.3% to $24.27
- Platinum down 0.45% to $987
- Copper down 0.55% to $3.87
- Brent Crude up 1% to $76.61
Asian Market Update
Japan up 0.66%, China put on 0.63% and Hong Kong added 1%
The agreements are coming thick and fast now....Problem is - how are they going to trust each others FIAT currencies?....A new financial system HAS to be backed by GOLD and other hard commodities.
“De-dollarization is no longer a voluntary choice for nations but an inevitable response to the weaponization of the dollar.”
ACU members include the central banks of Iran 🇮🇷, India 🇮🇳, Bangladesh 🇧🇩, Bhutan 🇧🇹, Maldives 🇲🇻, Nepal 🇳🇵, Pakistan 🇵🇰, Sri Lanka 🇱🇰, and Myanmar 🇲🇲. pic.twitter.com/83ixvDSCKF
— 🅰pocalypsis 🅰pocalypseos 🇷🇺 🇨🇳 🅉 (@apocalypseos) June 15, 2023
Would you want to own any of these FIAT currencies?.... NO WAY, JOSE'
Global Market Update
DOW down 108 to 34,299
A little bit of profit taking came through on Friday night....US NATIONAL Debt hit $32 Trillion - man oh man, is she is flying or what!!
Brits added 0.19%, Germans put on 0.41% and Frenchies added 1.34%
Western large cap listed defence companies won't mind this one bit as orders for replacement weapons and tanks will continue flowing....WAR = $BIG FAT PROFIT$.
My edited version of Russian drones blowing up NATO's expensive weapons in Ukraine.
— S.L. Kanthan (@Kanthan2030) June 16, 2023
Key Market Summary