The latest market news, commentary and strategy by Adrian Rowney
5 Things that Grabbed my Attention
1. My Introduction to the Stock Market course @ Southport Tafe starts this Thursday....Classes are from 6pm to 9pm every Thurs for 6 weeks.....I can promise you it won't be boring - these are HISTORIC TIMES!!
2. UK government has gone full Monty Python!!......Thanks to very generous subsidies, a stack of companies (including two from Australia) are building SOLAR FARMS in England despite the lack of sun.....SOLAR BOOM will trigger a SILVER BOOM.
3. SILVER has a very rich history....Check out today's Random Observation and JFK's Executive Order 11110.
4. French President Macron tried inviting himself to the BRICS meeting next month in South Africa - but was denied.....The heads of 70 nations will be attending..... Looks like the EAST is beginning to unite against the WEST.
5. South 32 (S32) has written down the value of its zinc/lead/silver project in the USA by a whopping $1.9bn...Management cited COVID, dewatering requirements and inflationary pressures.....Low base metal prices are making it just about impossible to get projects off the ground these days......The coming commodities BULL MARKET driven by lack of supply is going to be a beauty and will catch most by surprise.
ASX Market Update
ASX 200 7 points to 7306
Core Lithium (CXO) got whacked by 17% to 72c after warning lithium recovery rates from its new mine are going to be lower than expected out to 2025. The LITHIUM price tanking about 25% over the past few trading sessions in China hasn't helped as well.....I initially recommended the stock @ 95c, so it's underwater - but I don't think it's time to hit the eject button. The company will still make plenty of dough and has finished the quarter with $152 mil in the bank and NO debt. BUY
CXO's lithium mine in the NT.
Hearing RFK Jr talking about SILVER the other day triggered my memory bank into to thinking about JFK's Executive Order 11110....Here it is:
So what was JFK's intentions for SILVER? Here is a likely explanation....
JFK was assassinated in November 1963 and no President since, has dared to take on the FEDERAL RESERVE.
The Day Ahead
- Our SPI is up 45 points
- Bitcoin down 3.8% to $29,090
Movements affecting our resource stocks today (USD)
- BHP in the US up 1.2%
- Newmont FLAT
- Gold down 0.5% to $1956
- Paper Silver down 1.4% to $25.50
- Platinum down 0.3% to $968
- Copper up 0.7% to $3.84
- Brent Crude up 2.26% to $82.90
- Iron ore down 1.3% to $112.50
Asian Market Update
Japan up 1.23%, Hong Kong down 2.13% and China dipped 0.11%
This is an absolutely insane decision from the Modi government - one of the worst I have seen....India desperately needs this kind of foreign investment to progress it's economy - BYD was coming with their IP and capital!
###Want the obvious truth of the matter?....Tata has 90% of the EV market in India, so would have paid off the right people to stop a serious competitor entering - India misses out on the jobs, skills and all important IP as a result....Disgrace.
Global Market Update
DOW up 191 points to 35,590
The DOW rose for the 11th straight session which CNBC pointed out was the longest winning streak in 6 years....The gains overnight were on the back of energy stocks as OIL prices hit a 3 month high.
Germans and Frenchies were FLAT, Brits up 0.19%
There is no side that I'm cheering for....Every government is on the same agenda - to control the people via CBDCs....The proletariat won't understand the consequences until it is too late.
— CoinDesk (@CoinDesk) July 24, 2023
Key Market Summary